Welcome to the Punch product documentation for the Dave release.
why Dave ?
David King (born June 8, 1970) is an American drummer and composer from Minneapolis.
Overview & Value Proposition¶
To go through the Punch rationale and understand its unique offering, start here:
- Understand the architectural patterns of data centric applications
- A tour of the various punch enablers
- Understand the forward engineering Punch team offering
The Punchplatform relies on a few simple concepts. Together they enable you to design and run various kinds of processing logics : stream and batch computing, complex event processing, correlation and detection, machine learning algorithms, and more. This short chapter explains these core punchplatform concepts and ideas in details.
- Pipelines : the base processing units
- Channels : to combine pipelines into applications
- Services : to put in place the required administration tasks
- Tenants : to design a multi-tenant platform
- Platform : building, running, upgrading your system
The Punchplatform is freely available for testing. Simply download the standalone package from https://punchplatform.com, then follow the getting started chapter instructions. You will design, deploy and run complete data pipelines in minutes. You will then be ready to design your own use cases.
The Punchplatform provides you with many building blocks, features and functions you can in turn assemble into higher level use cases. The reference guide provides detailed explanations for each component. This is the richest part of the documentation.
- Data movement : Streaming connectors
- Data processing : Punch programming language
- Data analytics : Spark & PML
- Data storage : Kafka, Ceph & Elasticsearch
- Data visualisation : Kibana & the punch plugin
- Security guide
- Platform services : Shiva & related services
- Complex event processing : Correlation & detection
The punch is designed to be production ready. This chapter provides instructions and guidances to best operate your platform, and provide helpful troubleshooting notes.
- Overview - channel configuration
- Platform deployment - devops activities
- Platform management - data engineer activities
- Platform monitoring - transversal activities
Want to participate ? Welcome !