DAVE-6.3.1 release notes¶
This document is a summary of content, changes, limitations and fixes of this release as compared to DAVE-6.3.0 release
Refer to the the punchplatform official site if you look for the complete documentations and resources.
The documentation for this release can be found inside the deployment archives (standalone and deployer versions), and at https://doc.punchplatform.com/6.3.1/index.html.
The documentation for the most recent release can be found at https://doc.punchplatform.com.
Note about upgrades: Please carefully review the upgrade documentation for this release thoroughly before upgrading your clusters. The upgrade notes (e.g. upgrade from 6.2 to 6.3) discuss every critical information about incompatibilities and breaking changes, performance changes, and any other configuration changes that might impact your production deployment of Punchplatform.
Release main features and enhancements¶
The 6.3 release is elected as punch LTS release. Check the roadmap documentation for details.
Zookeeper has been updated to 3.5.7. Make sure you update your platform.
SSL/TLS and other Punchplatform security secrets deployment¶
#1292 : Secrets/credentials files local lookup and upload rules have been updated. Check this section to have more details.
Punchplatform security secrets deployment documentation have been improved
Prior to version 6.3.3, consider extraction feature as not working although in some very simple use-case you might be getting the desired behavior.
- #1311 Improve syslog udp output node to read bytes from a kafka output node
- #1298 ES API wrapper for easy 'curls' with operator credentials
- #1290 allow credential folders settings to be relative to PUNCHPLATFORM_CONF_DIR
- #1289 Foreground execution of punchline through Gateway should use HTTP Streaming / Long polling
- #1255 configuration auditing
- #1252 make all clis generate well defined json output
- #1002 channelctl start should report errors in punchlines and punchlets syntax
- #1325 added a new alerter module for elastalert: Zabbix Alerter
- #1275 some kibana plugins configuration cannot be updated/deployed
- #1310 security breach in elasticsearch housekeeping
- #1301 punchplatform log injector cannot read kafka with ssl
- #1297 Missing security2.conf file while deploying modsecurity on redhat os
- #1296 typo errors while generating metricbeat configuration file with kafka-reporters
- #1294 punchlinectl resolve wrongly connects to kafka, preventing debug of punchplatform.properties resolution
- #1293 Elastic Beats Kafka outputs cannot be deployed with ssl
- #1287 punchplatform-zookeeper-console.sh not working with ssl on operator node hosting zookeeper daemon
- #1286 default (empty) user_secrets.json not created for operator
- #1279 bad (mandatory/default) settings for ssl settings
Release main open-sources components integrated versions¶
|Open-source punch is integrated with||Version by default for this Punchplatform release||Previously|
|Elastic stack (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, Logstash)||upgraded to 7.8.0||7.4.2 since Dave 6.0.0|
|Spark||2.4.3 (hadoop 2.7)||unchanged since Dave 6.0.0|
|Storm||upgraded to 2.2.0||2.1.0 since Dave 6.0.0|
|Kafka||2.11_2.4.0||unchanged since Dave 6.0.0|
|Python||3.6.8||unchanged since Dave 6.0.0|
|Zookeeper||3.5.7||3.5.5 since Dave 6.0.0|
|Elastalert||0.2.4||unchanged since Dave 6.0.0|
|Opendistro stack (opendistro-security)||18.104.22.168||22.214.171.124 since Dave 6.0.0|
|Clickhouse server||126.96.36.199||unchanged since Dave 6.0.0|
|Minio||2020-08-26T00-00-49Z||2019-12-17T23-16-33Z since 6.0.0|
|Ansible||2.9.7||unchanged since Dave 6.0.0|
|Apache Modsecurity module||2.9.0-1||unchanged since Dave 6.0.0|
|Ceph||13.2.5||unchanged since Craig 5.0|
|Elasticsearch Curator||5.5.4||5.5.4 since Dave 6.0.0|
|siddhi-core library||4.3.17||unchanged since Dave 6.0.0|