punchctl - main command to manage your punch platform.
The punchctl command is the main command to manage your punch platform. It allows you to start stop or query the status of your channels and jobs.
This command works in two ways. To start an interactive shell, simply launch
punchpctl --tenant TENANT
TENANT is a tenant name. From there follow the documented commands.
Use the TAB character to get autocompletion.
Alternatively you can execute command in non interactive mode using the following syntax:
punchpctl --tenant mytenant [OPTIONS] [ARGUMENTS]
command is one of the described command you will find using the interactive mode.
- Return a short status information of channels and jobs.
- Use an inline punchlet code, Start channels and jobs.
- Change default grok-pattern resources directory (resource/punch/pattern), Stop channels or jobs.
- Print a description of the channel and job state.
- Pull or push the tenant configuration from/to the platform configuration store
- clear and reset the screen
- execute the command for a selected channel. a '' wildcard can be used in the channel name to apply the same command to multiple channels. (e.g. : start --channel output_ )
- execute the command for a selected job
a Job name is composed of
/ / the clusterId/jobNameInChannel must be a valid combination from the channel_structure.json file. Wildcard ('*') can be used in any part of this job Id, to apply the same command to multiple channels/clusters/jobs
- execute the command for a selected job a Job name is composed of
- print the result as json
Here are some self explanatory examples
punchctl --tenant mytenant status
punchctl --tenant mytenant status --channel sourcefire
punchctl --tenant mytenant start --channel sourcefire
punchctl --tenant mytenant start --job */main/to_elasticsearch_topology
No known bugs.