Troubleshooting unable to start a channel¶
Why Do That¶
channelctl start is very slow and ends up with errors like
What to do¶
- Check the status of your platform with
platformctl statuscommand, or check the punch admin dashboard:
- Ensure that each service zookeeper, kafka, storm, spark etc.. are properly running. They must all return a green running status.
- Check you resolution name service (DNS).
- Optional: check the storm or spark UIs
If you don't know the URL, take a look at the punchplatform.properties in the section storm.clusters.<your_cluster>.ui
If you do not have error, relaunch the channel
- If you have a storm error saying there is no nimbus elected:
- Check the hostname on your server
- Check the ip of your hostname (ping \<hostname>)
- Check the hostname printed on the storm UI error All must be equal ! To fix the issue.
- Check /etc/hostname then retry.
The deployer uses the fqdn of your hosts to set the storm configuration. A change in the /etc/host file may explain these errors. Once fixed; make sure to restart the storm services on all the required nodes.