DAVE-6.4.3 release notes¶
This document is a summary of content, changes, limitations and fixes of this release as compared to DAVE-6.4.2 release.
Refer to the the Punchplatform official site if you look for the complete documentations and resources.
The documentation for this release can be found inside the deployment archives (standalone and deployer versions), and at https://doc.punchplatform.com/6.4.3/index.html.
Note about upgrades: Please carefully review the documentation for this release before upgrading your clusters. The upgrade notes (e.g. upgrade from 6.3 to 6.4) discuss every critical information about compatibility issues, breaking changes, performance changes, and any other configuration changes that might impact your Punchplatform.
Default JVM options¶
-Xms16m -Xmx256m to
The Archives Housekeeping application was refactored without breaking changes. However, a new parameter was introduced to manage the metadata.
Before this version, when an archive metadata was processed, it was deleted from Elasticsearch. This deletion happened even if some devices were not cleaned, or if the application failed to clean a device.
delete_metadata parameter makes it possible to change this behavior.
This parameter can have the following values:
always: metadata is always deleted after processing devices. In order to avoid any breaking change, this is the default behavior when the parameter is not set.
never: metadata is never deleted after processing devices.
all_devices: metadata is deleted only when all devices specified in metadata are cleaned by archives housekeeping. If some devices were not cleaned (because they were not specified in archives housekeeping configuration or because the application failed to clean the device) then archives housekeeping updates metadata with the devices where the archive is still present. This is the recommended behavior.
This parameter was added to Standalone and Deployed configurations with
storectl command was removed from Punchplatform.
It had many bugs and was hard to use on production platforms.
It is easier to build Kibana dashboards based on indexes containing archives metadata,
rather than querying stats through
- A tutorial for deployer was added to the Tutorial sections.
- Some deployment examples were added to the deployer.
- References to parsers in standalone channels have changed.
Refer to the Migration Guide.
- #0001 add dedicated logger for resolver on punch-operator
- #1821 use versioned punch parsers in mytenant channels
- #0001 log netty stacktrace on netty server error
- #1808 create deployer getting started in doc
- #0001 expose memory setting in extraction punchline used by gateway
- #0001 upgrade punch documentation plugin to 1.0.3
- #1834 expose gateway memory in deployment settings
- #1837 elastalert adding rule id to es loader
- #1594 add host information when displaying shiva application status
- #1843 fetch operators can now use the same resource file with different hash keys
- #1833 Elasticsearch_output : missing index field managed as an unavailability_failue
- #1817 fix elastic and opensearch deployment when temporary directory is empty
- #1816 Improve ES output escaping to avoid json exception
- #1815 Improve ES output error handling to deal with bulks and clusters failures
- #0001 fix missing logs on filebeat deployment
- #1820 syslogheader punchlang operator fail to extract iso year from header
- #1825 wrong environment variable in opensearch service file
- #0001 fix standalone resolver when extracting through gateway
- #1827 fix oom on gateway when downloading large extraction results
- #1828 rcv_queue_size parameter not taken into account in multiple input nodes
- #0000 fix punch plugins version in documentation
- #1813 oom on archives housekeeping for large batches
- #1814 fail to clean multiple destinations on archive housekeeping
- #1835 fix kibana/osd plugin upgrade
- #1839 channels monitoring does not work with elastic in cacert only
- #1840 elastic reporter does not work with elastic in cacert only
- #1841 channelctl is fooled by inconsistent saved application state
- #1842 invalid json or csv file does not stop punchlets using the fetch operators
- #1812 deploy test platforms (livedemo and log-management) with cicd
- #0001 add vagrantfile generator to multiple os for test campaigns
- #1493 use rsync to copy operator configuration with deployer
- #1721 add punchplatform_operator_conf_dir to copy operator conf with deployer