DAVE-6.4.4 release notes¶
This document is a summary of content, changes, limitations and fixes of this release as compared to DAVE-6.4.3 release.
Refer to the the Punchplatform official site if you look for the complete documentations and resources.
The documentation for this release can be found inside the deployment archives (standalone and deployer versions), and at https://doc.punchplatform.com/6.4.4/index.html.
Note about upgrades: Please carefully review the documentation for this release before upgrading your clusters. The upgrade notes (e.g. upgrade from 6.3 to 6.4) discuss every critical information about compatibility issues, breaking changes, performance changes, and any other configuration changes that might impact your Punchplatform.
Elasticsearch / Opensearch security¶
Deploy with another user¶
It is now possible to deploy security plugins on Elasticsearch / Opensearch with another user than
Please refer to Opendistro documentation.
Auto expand replicas on audit index¶
By default, the Opendistro Security audit index has one replica.
As a result, clusters with one node were in yellow state.
Now, the deployer pushes an index template with
"index.auto_expand_replicas": "0-1" on this index.
Key Value and Escaping¶
The punchlang key value operator has been fixed. Because it might change the behavior of your parser we insist on explaining the change.
Some logs could not be correctly parsed into key value documents because of the ambiguity between quotes and escaped quotes. Consider the following string:
Refer to the Migration Guide.
- #0001 upgrade punch feedback plugin to 2.1.3 to fix freeze on refresh
- #1836 make it possible to deploy elastic with custom user
- #1759 patch procedure for deployer roles
- #1849 remove replica on opendistro security audit index on single node clusters
- #1868 replace deprecated supervisor logrotate to systemd logrotate
- #1850 ansible section in deployment settings does not work
- #1852 missing sshpass requirement in deployer doc
- #1856 cannot deploy opendistro security plugin on kibana
- #1804 Topic config in channel structure is not working
- #0001 kibana punch documentation not reachable
- #1783 channelct configure fails if "name" doesn't match a template
- #1829 failed extractions marked as running
- #1832 kafka GC log rotation not working as expected
- #1855 escaping issue in the punchlang key value operator
- #1865 storm workers-artifacts old logs not removed
- #1862 enable deployment of multi punch gateway services on the same server
- #1863 elastalert rule failed when some values are None
- #1869 elastalert rule loading not working after modification
- #1873 elasticsearch logs partition filled too quickly
- #1831 script to generate cert with multi interfaces